Annual Fund recap
Thanks to Joe Klen, Wabash’s Director of Annual Giving, we have a few highlights to share following the completion of the 2012 Fiscal Year.
A few ’05 stats to keep in mind for reference:
*we had an increase of 11 guys year over year – that is a 20% increase
*upwards of 26% of all ’05 alums contributed to the Annual Fund
Now for the results:
- 4,306 alumni, parents, and friends made gifts to the Annual Fund for $3,175,099. The FY12 Annual Fund dollar total is a new record for unrestricted giving to the College surpassing the FY09 record by $50,797.
- 3,911 alumni made gifts to the College (both Annual Fund and restricted gifts). This is 112 more alumni donors than FY11. This was the second consecutive year for the College to realize an increase in the number of alumni donors.
- Alumni participation was at 35.06% in FY12 versus 34.19% in FY11 and 32.97% in FY10. FY12 was the first year to reach 35% alumni participation since FY08.
- There were 35 classes that finished FY12 ahead of FY11 in alumni donors with an increase of at least one or more alumni donors (includes ’05)
- Of the top 10 classes in terms of alumni participation, nine of the top 10 class were at 50% or more alumni participation
- The young alumni classes from 2002-2009 all had increases in the number of alumni donors ranging from 2-11 more alumni donors than FY11 for a total increase of 59 alumni donors from these eight classes (’05 was one of the 11’s!)
Names of those alumni who made gifts in 2011-2012 can be found on the online Honor Roll at www.wabash.edu/alumni/honorroll.
wabash always fights!